We recently took a trip up to the Bay area (Marin and San Francisco, to be exact), and while in Marin, we visited the Marin Country Mart for their farmers market. It was pure heaven, with the most amazing and beautiful looking local produce! My favorite thing though, was this date treat I got from a stand that sold dates. The treat had ginger, dates, coconut and…I totally forgot what else, SO, I made up my own, inspired by that treat. This is unlike the traditional “tried and true” bliss balls I make. This one has a kick–a spicy, ginger-y kick! If you love ginger as much as I do, you’re gonna love ’em!!!
GINGER DREAM BLISS BALLS
- 12-14 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/4 cup crystalized ginger
- 1/2 cup raw, unsalted cashews
- 1/3 cup coconut flakes
- Blend dates and ginger in your food processor until a nice round ball forms.
- Add your coconut and cashews and process until combined well. You may have to scrape down the sides a couple of times.
- Form into balls (you decide how big or small to make them). Should make about 12-15 regular-sized bliss balls.
I absolutely LOVE getting inspired by things I’ve tasted or admire. It’s so fun to play around–especially with raw treats, because you can’t really mess ’em up! When it comes to the kitchen, I have no fear! What do you have to lose? The kitchen should inspire fun and play!
What are you inspired by?
If you’re inspired to get healthy, and don’t know where to start, contact me! It’s my life’s purpose to help YOU find health and happiness through FOOD!