My colleagues and I each had to each do a couple of food presentations during the course period, and one of my classmates presented her version of this recipe and I became OBSESSED. I had never tasted anything like this before…or truly, I HAD tasted something like it before (something quite unhealthy), and I loved the familiar, chocolate-y, seems-like-it-was-bad-for-me, taste! I loved Jello chocolate pudding as a kid–you know, the one that comes IN A BOX that you make with milk, lol? Man, I would go crazy for it…and top it with Cool Whip?!? TROUBLE!
I kinda love that this recipe (or similar versions of it) have become so common! I adore naughty looking recipes that truly present no need for guilt at all! Okay, true, you may not want to eat the entire batch (I admit, I’m always tempted!), but it’s sure a heck of a lot cleaner than anything that comes in a box, ha ha! It’s raw, vegan, easy and soooooooo yummy!
I hope you enjoy!
CHOCOLATE AVOCADO MOUSSE
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 tbsp unrefined, virgin coconut oil
- 1/3 cup 100% pure maple syrup
- 3 Medjool dates (soaked in warm water for 5-10 minutes, then pitted)
- 1 tsp vanilla or 1/4 tsp vanilla powder
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder (or cocoa powder)
- 1/2 cup – 1 cup regular almond milk (start with 1/2 cup and add more as needed if too thick)
- Topping choices (optional): fresh, organic berries, cacao nibs, coconut whipped cream, raw nuts, banana slices, shredded coconut…go wild!
Blend all ingredients in food processor. Devour, guilt free!!
Learn to prepare guilt-less treats and more by working with me one-on-one! Contact me via phone or e-mail to schedule your complimentary 30 minute phone consultation!